Indiatravel; Ramblings Of A Lonely Daughter - Days Spent ons Tiny Hamlet ons Uttarkashi


By Priyanka Das


“Aapka gaon bahut sundar hai...” I said smiling.
 (Your hamlet is real beautiful)

“Hai na? wohi toh.. Pata nahi aap sheher wale kaise rehte ho? Humko toh soch ke hullo ajeeb lagta hai ki roz ganga maa ke darshan nahi honge!” she said.
(Yes, how create yous metropolis people live? The idea of non seeing Mother Ganga every hateful solar daytime is thus uncomforting!)


 Between the gasping for breath in addition to trying to honor my foothold, I braved a glance at the one-time wrinkled human face upward of the lady sprinting in addition to hopping across boulders making her agency through the lush fields flaunting its abundant harvest of soybean in addition to paddy. The turbulent Ganges flowed beneath us, roaring, mark its territory. But at that spot was no turbulence on this lady’s face. It was calm. It was happy.
I had merely met her that morning time inwards the picayune hamlet of Siror on the banks of Ganges in addition to she had offered to create got me uphill to consider her fields. This picayune unassuming hamlet was to live my abode for thirty days.
As nosotros stopped for breath, overlooking the gorgeous landscape dotted alongside clear white waterfalls, I idea of the sequence of events that had led me to this spot.

                                                                                ***

Very oftentimes inwards our lives nosotros create got a quick determination that changes the entire class of life. Taking a solo trip to Uttarkashi was ane of them. When I boarded my develop from Delhi railway station afterwards maxim goodbye to my friend, for the outset fourth dimension it dawned on me that I was going to undertake this 12 sixty minutes develop journeying followed yesteryear a half dozen sixty minutes autobus ride all on my own... I was going to live Alone.

My withdraw heed was filled alongside apprehensions in addition to possibilities seeded yesteryear endless stories of criminal offence shown on TV. I spent the entire develop journeying clinging on to my handbag eyeing every rider inwards the develop alongside suspicion in addition to every bit a potential rapist. Then  I spent some other half dozen hours on a rickety bus, making its agency through narrow foggy roads occasionally flight through tiny H2O streams, hoping that at that spot is no landslide on the agency that would entraps us! Needless to tell it was an arduous journey. Once inwards Uttarkashi, I boarded a taxi for the lastly conclusive leg of the journeying in addition to reached Sivananda Kutir, Netala.
                                                                               ***

The Ashram


“Madam aap Sivananda ashram ja rahe ho?”

 (Madam, are yous going to Sivananda Ashram)

“Haan". (Yes.)

“Aap thak gaye lagte hain. Par aapke wahan pahunchte hullo sari thakan door ho jayegi” proclaimed my taxi driver.
(Don't worry, the 2d yous attain there, yous won’t experience tired anymore.)

I smiled. This was non the outset fourth dimension I had experienced the intense devotion the portion has towards the Ganges. She was the solution to every occupation from crops failing to SENSEX dropping 100 points. She was the real lifeline of this place.

The unassuming taxi driver was correct of course.

The ashram was correct on the banks of the river in addition to my room was perched on the river side inwards a rather precarious agency almost floating on the ravaging swirling H2O beneath.
For many nights thereafter, I lay broad awake inwards my bed listening to the noisy river flowing correct exterior my window.

“Has the H2O grade risen?”
“I bet, the river sounds closer in addition to louder than an sixty minutes before”
“There was a overflowing a few years back...maybe this is non the best house to be...”
“Was this the 3rd night? Or peradventure the 4th?”


My develop of idea was endless.

The River Ganga flowing correct adjacent to the Ashram
There is ever a ‘chicken little’ hiding inwards all of us for whom the heaven is ever falling. My apprehensions were driving me to the indicate of insanity. With naught else to do, I got upward in addition to walked out of my room into the modest platform. The heaven was exceptionally clear that hateful solar daytime in addition to the Moon was full. The Ganges was flowing alongside to a greater extent than gusto than ever before. I walked closer to the border of the platform in addition to placed my hands on the railing. There was no other lite inwards entire house but the moon.  The moonlight reflecting on the river was rendering the river a silvery ethereal glow. And in addition to thus of a precipitous at that spot was consummate silence. Something deep inwards my ticker had been released. The H2O of the river swayed, swirled in addition to flowed alongside all its might, washing away everything inwards its path.  But somewhere inwards all this chaos, at that spot was all the same this unknown divine liberate energy that moved in addition to united everything to a greater extent than or less me.



Devotion is a tricky thing. It is staggeringly hard to honor it. But in ane trial yous do, it is almost impossible to lose it.  If yous create got ever been a traveller yous would know that every journeying inwards life teaches yous something. For me this journeying was a journeying of discovering dear in addition to how to surrender. It was a journeying of knowing that I am ever watched over. It was a journeying that taught me that at that spot is immense goodness inwards this basis if solely nosotros opened upward our eyes in addition to look.


It was a journeying that taught me, no thing where nosotros are, nosotros are never genuinely “Alone”.

Author Bio: After working inwards the software manufacture for 4 years, Priyanka quit her project to create got upward writing. She is passionate well-nigh offbeat traveling, nutrient for soul, coming together novel people in addition to sharing their stories, recycling in addition to yoga. You tin sack follow her thoughts, stories in addition to travelogues on her spider web log  Postcard from Life 

                                                                 ***

                 Share your locomote experiences alongside us. Write to us at blog@indiauntravelled.com


Sumber http://indiauntravelled.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Indiatravel; Ramblings Of A Lonely Daughter - Days Spent ons Tiny Hamlet ons Uttarkashi. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions