Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering Inwards The Himalayas.

By Lavanya Keshavamurthy.

My journeying from Bangalore to Munsiari (Uttarakhand) via Canada seems almost similar a fairy tale. When a friend shared alongside me a Times Now programme called Amazing Indians - "Transforming lives inward the hills" showcasing the operate of Malika Virdi, I felt this was the form of operate that I was actually looking for. So, I took a interruption from my studies as well as laid upwards off to this beautiful identify close the edge of Nepal as well as Tibet.

 via Canada seems almost similar a fairy tale Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering inward the Himalayas.
Stunning views of the Panchchuli range


The journeying upwards to the beautiful "place alongside snow" at a peak of nearly 2200m inward a higher identify bounding main degree (Munsiari means "place alongside snow" inward local language), alongside stunning views of the Panchchuli peaks inward the Kumaon region, was physically exhausting every bit I traveled inward a shared taxi from the plains of Haldwani through the lower Himalayas to the higher Himalayas. However, the exhaustion magically disappeared yesteryear the way I was enthusiastically greeted yesteryear the household unit of measurement who hosted my stay. In the 2.5 months I spent inward Munsiari, I had the chance to savour the hospitality of five unlike homes, all purpose of the rural tourism program.


 via Canada seems almost similar a fairy tale Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering inward the Himalayas.
With Basanti – my maiden of all hostess, friend as well as farming guru

 via Canada seems almost similar a fairy tale Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering inward the Himalayas.
One of the traditional homes inward the home-stay program

Work hard
During the maiden of all few days, a typical 24-hour interval involved clearing cow-dung, looking afterwards goats, watering the plants, helping inward the kitchen, as well as knitting my scarf inward front end of the kitchen fire. For a few days, I worked alongside an intern from Poland on H2O mapping as well as H2O testing projects. One day, I planted potatoes inward the morn as well as drove a tourist taxi inward the eve & earned some money every bit a driver! H5N1 happy coincidence, as well as I earned some to a greater extent than money every bit a interrogation assistant on a interrogation projection inward the village. Towards the destination of my stay, I worked alongside a dozen potent women to exercise a fish pond for 1 of the families I stayed with.

 via Canada seems almost similar a fairy tale Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering inward the Himalayas.
Fish pond

 via Canada seems almost similar a fairy tale Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering inward the Himalayas.
On the way to work

 via Canada seems almost similar a fairy tale Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering inward the Himalayas.
Who's that?

Play harder
It was non all operate as well as no play. On May 13th, at that spot was fun as well as frolic at the annual Mesar Van Kautik – a festival celebrating the Mesar Kund H2O source. We ate, nosotros played, nosotros sang as well as nosotros danced throughout the day. I had never danced similar that inward my life.

 via Canada seems almost similar a fairy tale Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering inward the Himalayas.
Never also quondam to dance

In as well as around
I also had the chance to trek to a dreamy picayune identify called Paton inward awesome weather. Though the principal attraction on this trip was watching the regal Yak, I was attracted to other things inward the hamlet such every bit the off-grid solar electricity, the domicile made rice wine, as well as the H2O mills around the place.

 via Canada seems almost similar a fairy tale Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering inward the Himalayas.
Dreamy hamlet of Paton

 via Canada seems almost similar a fairy tale Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering inward the Himalayas.
The regal Yak

End or beginning?
The two months I stayed inward Munsiari seems similar a long fourth dimension when I hold back at the things nosotros created together every bit a community as well as the experiences I gained. But, every bit I packed my bags to leave, the same two months seemed to become yesteryear inward a flash. Over a conversation alongside Malika regarding my To Do list, I said two months are non plenty to exercise all the things that I wanted to do; she said xx years are non enough!

 via Canada seems almost similar a fairy tale Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering inward the Himalayas.
Friends from Munsiari

As my new-found friends from Munsiari said goodbye alongside tears inward their eyes as well as packed local spices as well as Rajma, it felt similar a 'Swades' instant for me. For them, it was in all probability an investment for my provide to the place!

Author Bio: Lavanya is an aspiring farmer as well as wanderer. When she is at base of operations military camp inward Bengaluru, she spends most of her fourth dimension inward her small, urban garden. She is associated alongside Ride H5N1 Cycle Foundation, a non-profit scheme that promotes cycling. Read to a greater extent than of her adventures inward Munsiari at http://lavanyakm.blogspot.in.

For to a greater extent than stories off the beaten path inward India, visit www.indiauntravelled.com or join on Facebook and TwitterTo contribute invitee posts / photograph essays to this blog, delight ship your floor ideas to shivya@indiauntravelled.com




Sumber http://indiauntravelled.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Place to visit in India: Munsiari: Volunteering Inwards The Himalayas.. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions